Security is a concern for everyone in the aviation industry affecting all areas of operation. You play a vital role in minimizing security risks by ensuring not only the safety and security of your passengers, but the security of your aircraft.
In this course, participants will learn the security measures and regulations needed to work responsibly in the aviation industry. You will learn how to identify and prevent potential security threats both while on the ground and in flight. You will be provided with specific information you need to know in order to make proper safety and security related choices when traveling.
Topics covered will include how to deal with conflict and aggression, security strategies and measures, crew communication and coordination, managing stress and dramatic events, and regulatory requirements for airports, airlines and operators. You will also learn realistic methods for aircraft security, hijacking, managing bomb threats, hostage survival, personal security, hotel security, VIP security, social media and online security awareness. Case studies specifically designed for business aviation will also be reviewed.
Both theoretical and practical training will be supported by realistic scenarios. This will be delivered in real-life training environments including our full-flight cabin simulators.
This course complies with GCAA, EASA and FAA regulations.
Upon completion of this training course in Security, Hijacking & Personal Safety Training for Aviation Professionals – Initial, participants will be able to:
- Define your role as a security professional in aviation
- Identify different types of security threats to the aviation industry
- Identify and discuss current threats to aviation security
- Demonstrate steps for enforcing security compliance both on the ground and in the air including access control for people, baggage, cargo and catering
- Explain the effects of human factors in maintaining security
- Explain basic aviation security regulations
- Understand common ground and inflight measures for responding to threats
- Demonstrate effective communication and coordination
- Explain strategies to ensure your own personal security and safety while away from your base of operations
Participants must have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Delivery: The course is delivered at Dynamic Advanced Training, Dubai South, in both classroom and simulated environments.
Suitability: Pilots and Cabin Crew, with a focus on private and business aviation, Passenger handling staff, Security screening staff.
Recognition and Accreditation: All participants who complete the course receive a certificate of completion issued by Dynamic Advanced Training.