An integral part of the corporate flight attendants’ role is their relationship with food and catering. You are responsible for everything from sourcing catering, preparing gourmet meals, or picking up exotic dishes from local restaurants. Preparing food and catering for private jet passengers is not only about flavour and presentation, it is more importantly about hygiene and safety.
Training in hygiene best practices is an important step to developing a culture of food safety. Failing to do so increases risk of food contamination and impact on the passenger. In turn, this can lead to customer dissatisfaction, potential loss of revenue, the loss of good reputation, and market share for operators.
During our Food Safety and Hygiene Awareness Training, you will learn how to minimize the chances of food contamination or food poisoning, protecting both the passenger and your reputation. You will learn the skills to handle and prepare food safely in a private or business jet environment including the theoretical principles of food hygiene and safety, food safety standards and procedures.
Our food safety program will provide you with the training, knowledge and certification to maintain your responsibilities as a food handler. This is a recognised food safety qualification delivered in accordance with EU legislation and standards.
Our training facilities incorporate state-of-the art equipment and training scenarios to help you react intuitively and effectively. To imitate reality as closely as possible, you will train in a cabin simulator configured to replicate the aircraft you fly in and use actual food and catering equipment from the real-world environment.
Upon completion of this training course in Food Safety and Hygiene Awareness Training, participants will be able to:
- Describe general principles of food safety
- Explain effective personal hygiene practices
- Identify contamination hazards
- Apply contamination control and prevention techniques
- Explain the importance of food safety in private and business aviation
- Demonstrate correct techniques for food handling including receiving, storing, reheating and storing
- Demonstrate effective galley waste management
- Explain the importance of time and temperature control
- Define the Food Temperature Danger Zone
- Explain the different types of food borne illness, disease and viruses
- Demonstrate effective cleaning and disinfection practices
- Explain an effective Food Safety Management System
Participants must have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Delivery: The course is delivered at Dynamic Advanced Training, Dubai South, in both classroom and simulated environments.
Duration: One day
Suitability: Pilots and Cabin Crew, with a focus on private and business aviation. Staff working onboard private or business aviation aircraft. Private or business aviation aircraft operators. Catering/food handlers and providers.
Recognition and Accreditation: All participants who complete the course receive a certificate of completion issued by Dynamic Advanced Training.