Inflight medical emergencies can develop suddenly and without warning. Gain knowledge, skills and confidence that can make a real difference when faced with a range of inflight medical emergencies, both in flight and on the ground.
First Aid and Aviation Medicine theory will be covered then applied during practical training in order for participants to learn the necessary knowledge and competence for onboard medical emergencies. Participants will learn about their role in Aviation First Aid, associated responsibilities, and how to manage an incident. You will learn to identify the signs and symptoms for medical emergencies and their first aid procedures, how to manage an aircraft First Aid Kit and what the relevant contents should be, calling emergency services, how to control the risk of infection and decontamination procedures.
You will also learn about travel health, hygiene, physiological effects of flying, oxygen requirements, hypoxia, respiratory function, aircraft medical equipment and its use, practical Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use of the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
First Aid and Aviation Medicine – Initial Training covers all subjects required by the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) and resuscitation guidelines for CPR.
Upon completion of this training course in Aviation First Aid – Initial Training, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective emergency management
- Manage an unconscious passenger
- Identify signs and symptoms of medical emergencies and apply first aid procedures
- Apply CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- Demonstrate the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Identify and use emergency equipment found on board an aircraft
- Identify the signs and symptoms of hypoxia
- Administer therapeutic oxygen and describe precautions for its use
- Demonstrate an awareness of travel health and effective hygiene practices
Participants must have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Delivery: The course is delivered at Dynamic Advanced Training, Dubai South, in both classroom and simulated environments.
Duration: One day
Suitability: Cabin Crew and Pilots, with a focus on private and business aviation.
Recognition and Accreditation: All participants who complete the course receive a certificate of completion issued by Dynamic Advanced Training.